- RSS Channel Showcase 5920238
- RSS Channel Showcase 1927469
- RSS Channel Showcase 7193387
- RSS Channel Showcase 5301868
Articles on this Page
- 12/11/17--17:37: _Space of Mind – Int...
- 03/09/18--17:43: _Autism & Neurodiver...
- 05/12/18--16:50: _bloviation & the sa...
- 05/12/18--20:00: _Disabled Leadership...
- 05/17/18--01:36: _Reluctant Advocate
- 05/20/18--19:39: _Disabled Leadership...
- 05/28/18--06:39: _And Suddenly…
- 07/30/18--16:23: _Autistic Thriving
- 08/11/18--20:25: _Thoughts on Disabil...
- 08/28/18--21:21: _Thinking BIG
- 10/14/18--02:44: _Services / Engageme...
- 10/15/18--10:32: _snake oil
- 11/01/18--03:19: _Autistic Thriving –...
- 12/11/17--17:37: Space of Mind – Interview
- 03/09/18--17:43: Autism & Neurodiversity in Hong Kong
- 05/12/18--16:50: bloviation & the sacrificial lamb
- 05/12/18--20:00: Disabled Leadership in theory & practice
- 05/17/18--01:36: Reluctant Advocate
- 05/20/18--19:39: Disabled Leadership in practice
- 05/28/18--06:39: And Suddenly…
- 07/30/18--16:23: Autistic Thriving
- 08/11/18--20:25: Thoughts on Disability-Led Practice
- 08/28/18--21:21: Thinking BIG
- 10/14/18--02:44: Services / Engagements / Collaborations
- 10/15/18--10:32: snake oil
- 11/01/18--03:19: Autistic Thriving – the video
I was interviewed by Chloe Watson in this new magazine, Runway – Australian Experimental Art. Thank you, Chloe! Space of Mind: An Interview with Dawn-joy Leong “For autistic artist-researcher Dawn-Joy Leong, spaces are vividly coloured by scent, sound, sight and … Continue reading
I was in Hong Kong recently, speaking on Autism and Neurodiversity. An amazing week. Hope to see you again soon, Hong Kong! (For enquiries on speaking engagements, please email: email@example.com) Advertisements
Originally posted on bunnyhopscotch:
bloviating babble bubbles I learned this new word from my friend Rick. I like it. It has a robust movement to its physical form, flow and force. It sounds and feels like thick copious slimy globules…
There is increasing talk about Disabled Leadership in the Arts. There are stirrings, positive ones, potentially amazing even, in the arena of the Arts and Disability. (Even in wider fields, for example Autism Research – just reading the Twitter feed … Continue reading
I am not an “Autism Activist” – far from it – so, please do not call me that. Thank you. I do support the work of activists, it is a necessary force when things are woefully wrong and a great … Continue reading
In a previous post, I mused about Disabled Leadership, the great divide between theory and practice that many disabled persons face, and suggested one fundamental element that is crucial to recognition of disabled participants in the conversation on disability: payment … Continue reading
Yesterday, I attended the final performance – a matinee – of “And Suddenly I Disappear: The Singapore ‘d’ Monologues“. My friend, Alvan, has written a brief review of the show here. I like some of his views on it, and … Continue reading
Lucy and I shall be at TEDx Pickering Street this Saturday 4 August 2018. Come join us and hear my ideas on how autistic and non-autistic people may grow and thrive, not despite autism but because of the unique features … Continue reading
Here are the speakers notes for my presentation yesterday (11 Aug 2018) at our disability-led forum on Disability-Led Practice, a groundbreaking first in Singapore. I’ve also added more detailed links to videos in this post. Description of photo in first … Continue reading
dawnjoyleongDAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.001DAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.002DAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.003.jpegDAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.004DAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.006DAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.009.jpegDAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.011DAWNJOY DisabilityLedPractice 20180811.012
It was an amazing experience, being a part of such a groundbreaking, massive yet cohesive and well curated festival. (Catch snippets of Snoosphere in this video!) Moving on ahead, I am looking forward to The BIG Anxiety Festival 2019. Stay … Continue reading
Dear Friends, I’ve set up a page listing the various services I offer, and the kinds of collaborations I am interested in. Please visit this page for more detailed information: SERVICES. If you’re interested in engaging me for lectures, … Continue reading
Autism is trending these days. Well, it’s been top of the pops for quite some time, actually. The more sensational the better, it seems, thanks to neuronormative machinations. Big money is to be made here, so it’s not surprising … Continue reading
dawnjoyleongLA PETITE PRINCESSE SERIESDubious-Programme-Msg.jpg
Thriving not despite but because of Autism. Being inside our natural Autistic realm. Advertisements